What is Story Club?
Our Story Club Book Club in the Anaheim area began as a desire to see others publish their personal story. So many people were
attending my workshops and retreats asking me, “Where do I go from here, and how do I
publish my story?” The truth is most people will never take the time to completely write their
story or publish their book. I knew I had to do something, so I created Story Club Book
SC/BC is a series of stories from individuals just like you and me. These are people who want to
share their life experiences with the world whether they be through trials, victories,
adversities, or successes. They have a story to tell.
These stories are all put together into one volume to make a wonderful compilation of
powerful and encouraging stories. Do you have a story to tell?
The world needs to hear you, so have your story published with us.
Join Story Club,
The Book Club for everyone!
How do I submit my story to Story Club Book Club?
You can submit your story for consideration right here. Please fill out the form below along
with your story. Be sure your story meets all the requirements before submitting, or your story
will be sent back. After you submit your story, a message will appear on your screen that says,
“YOUR SUBMISSION IS UNDER CONSIDERATION. We now have your story in our files and will
reach back out if you have been chosen. Thank you!”
This is the only confirmation you will receive, and this message means that your story has
been delivered and accepted into our consideration process. You will not receive any other
communication from us unless your Story has been selected.
Want to submit more than one story to Story-Club?
There is no limit to the number of stories you may submit.
Story-Club is always receiving submissions. You will find a form to submit below.
If your story is selected to be published, you will be asked to sign our permission release
agreement. In doing so, you agree to non-exclusive rights to publish your personal story in our Anaheim area story club book club. You will always
retain ownership of your story, but in so doing you are granting us the rights to publish and
use it in any future Story Club book editions.
You may not hear back from us unless your submission has been selected. If selected,
someone from the Story Club team will notify and assist you in the final steps of publishing.
Story Club Guidelines
Guidelines for Story Club Submission:
1. Your story should be written in the first person and should be a personal experience
about yourself or someone close to you.
2. Write your story in such a way that will make the reader personally connect with you.
Share it with friends and family before you submit for consideration. Ask the reader, did
you cry, laugh, get emotional, or feel moved?
3. Make the story your story. Don’t waste words by telling the reader what the story is
about or what they will learn from reading your story- just tell the story.
4. Use emotion and experience to speak from the heart.
5. You have the option to use a pen name for your story if you do not want to use your
6. Keep your story to 1200 words or less.
7. Your story must be based on a true experience you have had. No fiction or creative
8. Do not preach or use inappropriate language to tell your story.
9. Do not defame or discredit someone’s image to make a point.
10. Do not submit works that have already been published.